Sunday, March 8, 2015


               I hid                                                 by john martin

a poem for parent and child



I hid in the tall grass,

the wind reminded me of whispered secrets being told


I hid in the woods,

the tree trunks were wide enough that you could not see me

when I stood close to them


I hid in the corn field,

when cars drove by I would stop and stand still

my arms out stretched with my hands hanging down


I hid behind the moon,

where it was dark, I could see the milky way sparkled in space


I hid in the ocean

below the waves, drifting in the currents


I hid high on a mountain

watching clouds below float by


I hid in my work,

for days on end


I hid I hid in books

with the words all around


while hiding I always hoped

you would find me


No comments: